L’Occitane en Provence Cerisier Princesse / Cherry Princess Eau De Toilette.
Any fragrance with cherry as its prime note reminds one of the fluffy pink cherry blossoms, nestled in a quaint country side. Cherry-based fragrances are also tricky in nature; they can either be beautifully fragrant or obnoxiously nauseating.
France’s L’Occitane en Provence Cerisier Princesse / Cherry Princess manages to be beautifully intoxicating. It oozes fruity charm and make you want to spray once more.
This is the fourth fragrance that the French brand has launched, which has cherry as its core ingredient. The one’s prior to this were – Cherry Blossom (2007), Cherry (2008) and Wild Cherry Tree (2010).
The brand’s home – the region of Provence in France – is the prime inspiration for the cherry note. Cherry blossoms are native to Provence and are thus, constantly experimented with.
The other interesting history behind the Cerisier “Princesse” is – There was once an aristocrat French Princess Hortense de Beauharnais (daughter to Queen Josephine), her complexion resembled that of ripe and luscious cherries, hence, the porcelain pink and strong cherry influence.
What L’Occitane en Provence promises –
“Top notes of Cherry Princess – Lemon, grapefruit and sweet cherry notes.
Middle notes – Spring floral accords
Base notes – Blend of musk and precious wood.”
- The fragrance gives a hit of fruity, fresh and floral all togetner. The notes of cherry explode the moment it is sprayed. The fragrance is an incredible amalgamation of delicate floral hints and fruity cherry.
- It is a rare combination of fruity, flirty and citrusy.
- The fragrance stays one for a moderate time period of 3-4 hours. However, it might fade away in humid climatic conditions.
- The packaging of the bottle is extremely in sync with its “cherry” image. The light porcelain pink hue mixed with slightly brighter shades of pink give an ideal look to the bottle and its box cover.
- The bottle cap is slightly flimsy, hence, might need to be handled with care.
- The bottle also lacks a certain sheen and can start looking old and worn off in a short while.
Price – 1.7 fl.oz / 50 ml for $42
Ingredients – Alcohol, Aqua water, Propylene glycol, Citronellol, Limonene – citral.
Our Rating – 4/5 stars.
Bottom line – Fruity, floral, citrusy all rolled into one. This fragrance is truly meant for a princess!