Simplicity is the best – Chapstick Classic Cherry Lip Balm.
Chap Stick Classic Cherry Lip Balm is the original chap stick brand which had humble beginnings way back in the 1880s, wrapped in silver foil and sold like a candle, as opposed to its present day snazzy packaging!
Lip balms have an appeal factor in comparison to using just a plain moisturizing cream for the lips; a specialized product infused with fruity and other flavors that is meant to cure chafed lips, is a definite triumph in the consumer market.
Chap Stick classics come in the following flavors – cherry, classic original, strawberry and spearmint. The packaging for most of them is the same with mild variations in colors.
What Chap Stick promises –
“Softens and protects for smooth, silky lips every day. Helps heal and prevent dry, chapped lips. Sweet cherry flavor.”
Old is gold! This old timer can give big brand lip care products a run for their money in terms of consumer satisfaction. Chap Stick’s lip balms are the right mix of natural ingredients and chemical components.
However, compared to other lip balms, the original Chap Stick is in need of some reinvention in terms of style and design. Lip care products might be a niche vertical, but it is a competitive one nonetheless. With big brands like Body Shop and Bath & Body Works breathing down this old timer’s neck, Chap Stick needs to pull up its socks.
- The mild hint of cherry in the balm is not nauseating and just perfect.
- The lip balm doesn’t leave a thick sticky layer on the lips, the lips are left feeling light, soft and supple. It also does not leave an imprint on a glass while drinking water from it.
- It leaves a slight reddish tinge accentuating the contours of the lips without resembling a garish overdo.
- It has skin protection components and SPF in it, which as added benefit.
- It is very lightweight and is thus, very easy to carry even in the smallest of purses.
- The balm in infused with a slightly medicinal smell which isn’t too appealing.
- The packaging borders on the unattractive and the plastic covering gives it a slightly cheap look.
Price – $2 for a single stick.
Ingredients – Arachidyl propionate, camphor, carnauba wax, cetyl alcohol, D&C red no. 6 barium lake, FD&C yellow no. 5 aluminum lake, fragrance, isopropyl lanolate, isopropyl myristate, lanolin, light mineral oil, methylparaben, octyldodecanol, oleyl alcohol, paraffin, phenyl trimethicone, propylparaben, titanium dioxide, white wax.
Our Rating – 3/5 stars.
Bottom Line – If you’re looking for a simple product which will essentially heal your chapped/cracked lips, then Chap Stick’s classic cherry is a great buy.