“Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia – The new essence of joy.”
Fragrances are tricky and entirely subjective, what may be appealing for one, might be repelling for the other. However, when we hear high-end luxury brands like Giorgio Armani coming out with perfumes, there is that faint sense of anticipation and trust that a brand like theirs can’t go really wrong.
This classic luxury Italian brand’s signature fragrance was launched in 2011. The Acqua di Gioia really has a lot going for it and here is why it should feature on your dresser.
What Giorgio Armani promises –
“Acqua di Gioia is a hymn to nature in all its forms. It is a clean, incredibly fresh, aquatic scent that is ultra-approachable, yet memorable.
• HEAD: Begin with a “mojito” inspired sensual blend of crushed mint leaves, warmed by brown sugar and mixed with the zest of Italian Limone.
• HEART: Feminine floral notes emerge with joyous hints of acquatic Jasmine, dew of Peony and subtle traces of pink pepper.
• BASE: Its signature Mediterranean trail is rooted by the hearts of cedarwood and Labdanum.”
- The fragrance has a definitive presence for a long period of time, in fact, it even leaves a hint of its scent after a shower. It lasts for a good 7-8 hours after application.
- Its the perfect blend of refreshing scent mixed with hints of earthy flavors.
- The packaging of the bottle and cover is in sync with the perfume’s identity – a mild sea blue.
- Scents have the ability to refresh and rejuvenate, Acqua di Gioia has that aquatic tone to it and completely enlivens the senses.
- The bottle is not travel friendly, hence, you can’t exactly slip in into your purse.
Price – $60.00 for 1.7 oz or e50 ml.
Ingredients – Alcohol, Water, Fragrance, Benzophenone-1, BHT, FD and C Blue No. 1.
Our rating – 4.5/5 stars.
Bottom Line – If refreshing fragrances are your kind, then Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia is the way to go. Acqua di Gioia literally means “water of joy”, this fragrance sure does live up to its name!